Friday, November 07, 2008

It's rare that I get inspired. Maybe by a great southern gospel groups new album or my Cincinnati Reds or WVU Mountaineers doing something wonderful, but this election did it for me. I know I'm out of the mainstream from my southern gospel friends in supporting Brack Obma for president. I accept that and move on. Heck, my Reds and Mountaineer friends don't even agre with me. so, I wonder who (besides me) voted for Obama?

I always thought we that call ourselves Christinas were supposed to be a little different. Silly me. I admire no one as much as admire the talent Gerald Wolfe is, but I was so dissapointed at his blog entry after the election. November 4th was a historic night. It was not the end of the world. You would think that after eight years of George Walker Busch's presidency, folks would realize that this nation is a melting pot of different opinions. Regardless of how much GWB wanted to install prayer in schools, ban abortion, and any number of conservative issues, he failed because, whether we like it or not, the pocketbook and the real needs of the people are more important to most Americans. Americans voted for men who were more concerned with the quality of life for all, and not those issues that no president can change, even with the ability to change the Supreme Court.

We now go forward with a new agenda and one that will not install prayer in public schools or ban abortions, but isn't that just like the last, failed administration, an abboration of ideas that not only did not work, but let agencies that should have been controlled get out of control?

Use the "L-word" or whatever you want, but I see hope. And I see positives. Condemn me to Hell if you must, but remember this. We're all in the same boat and will always be brothers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home